[openbeos] Re: BeOS Online Image how to burn...

  • From: Martin <iemandiemand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:12:10 +0100

I burned my cd with cdrecord which is available for linux and beos. It allows you to burn more than one image on an cd.

to burn the cd:
download from http://www.bebits.com/app/1286
extract
start an terminal and excute cdrecord -scanbus
you will see a list of cdrom players and burners
remember the code of your cdburner (something like 9,0,1 which I will you in my examples)
you might want to check if it's got a driver for your cdburner with
cdrecord dev=9,0,1 -checkdrive
To burn the cd execute
cdrecord dev=9,0,1 speed=#(replace with speed you want to burn with) deved_504_boot.img deved_504_main.img

if you want to test writing the cd execute the write command with -dummy in front of the filenames of the images

p.s. It probably works the same way under linux

At 23:27 20-3-02 -0500, you wrote:

Hi,

I just downloaded the new 5.04 from http://www.beosonline.com, but I can
burn it. I have IDE drive and on the 98/XP side I have Roxio, which won't
read it it. BeOS 5.0 Pro won't start the CD Burner. So how can that this
.img and burn it on the Windows side to CD? Is there software I can download
and do this that is FREE!

Chuck Payne