[openbeos] Re: BeOS Online Image how to burn...

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:52:31 +0100 (MET)

En réponse à Al Papp <al_papp@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I used Nero to successfully burn "5.04" to a CD.  I burned ONLY the
> large
> image file (using 1024 block size).  The resulting CD is not bootable
> but
Is the second image a boot floppy ? in this case you should use it as the boot
image for an El Torito bootable CD.
(this option should exist in Nero and others, maybe they will ask you to put
the floppy in the drive, in this case, just use rawrite under windows to create
a floppy off the file)

> you can use your BeOS 5 boot floppy disk to start the installation.
> The
> installation was successful, but whenever I boot into 5.04 the Tracker
> crashes so it is of limited utility for me.  When I start up Tracker
> again
> from the shell it crashes immediately too.  I even tried the version
> of
> Tracker on my BeOS 5 Pro CD and it crashes upon startup too, always
> with
> "Invalid operator" or some such message.  I'll have to look into it a
> bit
> more.  For the record, BeOS 5.0 installed off the Pro CD works fine on
> the
> same machine.

What CPU do you have ? was the message "Invalide opcode" ?
in this case it can mean the distro maker compiled something with CPU
optimisation specific to a CPU...