[openbeos] Re: BeOS Online Image how to burn...

  • From: "Al Papp" <al_papp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:33:01 -0800

I used Nero to successfully burn "5.04" to a CD.  I burned ONLY the large
image file (using 1024 block size).  The resulting CD is not bootable but
you can use your BeOS 5 boot floppy disk to start the installation.  The
installation was successful, but whenever I boot into 5.04 the Tracker
crashes so it is of limited utility for me.  When I start up Tracker again
from the shell it crashes immediately too.  I even tried the version of
Tracker on my BeOS 5 Pro CD and it crashes upon startup too, always with
"Invalid operator" or some such message.  I'll have to look into it a bit
more.  For the record, BeOS 5.0 installed off the Pro CD works fine on the
same machine.

Al