[openbeos] Re: BeFS

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:52:17 CET (+0100)

> I would assume that the majority of the work was based on the
> Linux read-only BeFS driver.   Will Dyson recently joined the
> OpenBeOS group.

Actually, they doesn't share a single line of code (and this has to be
so, because we have a different license; the linux driver is GPLs).
I need to write a BFS recovery tool for BFS some weeks ago (due to
memory corruption), and I had written all the stuff needed to read BFS
devices.

That's why we were so fast - I could use most of this code or could at
least adapt it to it's new purpose.

OTOH the write part will be *MUCH* harder.

Adios...
   Axel.