[openbeos] Re: Back to the basics.

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:47:54 -0200

> Are you nuts ?
> Device drivers are not the place for fancy things like localisation,
> there's already enough bugs that result in system corruption to avoid
> adding
> ones =)
> Yes windows has everything translated even in the driver, again
> that's a reason
> to do like Windows.
> And even for driver names, maybe there could be a database or
> something
> (I mean a text file listing the translated names), so the user can
> understand
> what it's about, but anyway drivers shouldn't interact directly with
> users.

That's not what I mean. For instance erro messages returned by drivers
that go to a log file or something like that should get localized. Even
if for that the driver would have to be recompiled (so there would be
no need for runtime localization).

-Bruno

--
Cynic, n.:
        One who looks through rose-colored glasses with a jaundiced