[openbeos] Re: BFS problem

  • From: dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:57:13 +0300

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Sergei Dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx> wrote:
After using for some time latest Haiku, got some bad problem on my BFS partition - cannot compile Mozilla anymore, as make hangs for ever on simple operations, like rm. Tried to remove suspectedly bad files/ dirs, but failed, and now checkbfs reports:

"Files processed: 183500*** bt_rpage num is bad 0 (bi 0x80506af0)
dir: read: goto: invalid btree pointer"

Hello, Axel - but what it means from BFS POV?

I don't think there is currently any other way than reformatting the disk in question. The chkbfs of BeOS can pretty much only fix block allocation mismatches.

Fortunately I transferred all my partition from workhorse machine to new, larger disk, and had full backup at older one:)

Regards, SD