[openbeos] Re: BFS problem

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:14:45 +0200 CEST

Sergei Dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx> wrote:
> After using for some time latest Haiku, got some bad problem on my
> BFS
> partition - cannot compile Mozilla anymore, as make hangs for ever on
> simple operations, like rm. Tried to remove suspectedly bad files/
> dirs,
> but failed, and now checkbfs reports:
>
> "Files processed: 183500*** bt_rpage num is bad 0 (bi 0x80506af0)
> dir: read: goto: invalid btree pointer"
>
> Any idea how to fix this situation?

I don't think there is currently any other way than reformatting the
disk in question.
The chkbfs of BeOS can pretty much only fix block allocation
mismatches.

It's not the time yet to trust Haiku with any important data, anyway :-
)
I hope Salvatore will improve this situation shortly, though.

Bye,
   Axel.