[openbeos] Re: BE_CHECK_HUMOUR_VALUE

  • From: "John M. Gabriele" <jandl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:58:54 EST

>Hehe.... this is really funny.

This *isn't* really funny.

> Here I am, proposing
>something unique that could potentially lead to this
>project/organisation having enough cash to pay - even hire -
>programmers, thus almost ensuring that once things come to
>the crunch, the project/org can pony up no matter what (or
>just blow it all on beer and coffee), and before you can
>spell "value", it turns into a capitalism vs free software
>vs 'the unprivileged and exploited mass' discussion;

If this off-topic thread has shown anything it's that
having money will cause the OBOS project to implode
into a black hole of arguments about what to do with
that money.

> one
>member felt obliged to trash the payment channel I suggested
>(for discussion purposes); someone else even unsubscribed from
>the list probably because he was low on "let someone else
>have his say too" skills;

This is Daniel you're talking about -- one of the OBOS
"founding fathers". When he unsubscribes, there's a
problem.

If any of my previous comments were off-topic, I apologize
and will stifle it in the future.

---j