[haiku] Re: BCI and sharp fonts

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:11:00 +0200

On 2010-06-15 at 15:45:02 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> "Jürgen Wall" <x-otic@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > If you mean the "Appearance" preferences application, and its
> > > "Antialiasing" tab, then you should be very well be able to notice
> > > change in the appearance of the fonts when you play with it.
> > The change I meant was between the different versions of builds,
> > i.e. without BCI and with BCI.
>
> You cannot enable LCD subpixel drawing with R1/alpha1, in later
> versions you can.

I don't think this has been enabled. IIRC, only the TrueType byte code
hinter has been enabled.

But from the screenshots it looks like Jürgen wants to disable
anti-aliasing altogether. Individual applications can do this in Haiku (see
the FontDemo), but it's currently not possible as a global setting.

Best regards,
-Stephan