[haiku] Re: Attribution for Haiku website design and theme

  • From: Chris Tognela <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 08:45:00 +0800

Yeah, I am so unreliable and untrustworthy that I picked up the WalterCon fiasco pieces that you and Michael Phipps so incompetently created in 2007 and actually gave the community a place to gather. where you and your friends all could do is give laughable excuses of why you canceled the event at the very last minute.

I am so unreliable and untrustworthy, that I filled up many of the wholes that our former project leader and close friend of yours left behind when he quietly quit (talk about damage!!!), including shipping t-shirts that had been ordered many months ago, responding to email inquiries that had been sitting in the Haiku Inc. mailbox for months with nobody caring to answer them.

I could go on and on, but I will save you and the others the aggravation.

Regards,

Jorge / aka Koki

Perhaps I speak out of turn, but I must ask, Mr Mare, why continue this conversation?

You have already retracted your request for attribution; I have a feeling that the project is exploring the legalities of continuing the use of the theme.

The most important thing any one person has is time. The question that bears answering here is "am I wasting time?"

IMO, emails like we've seen here (on both sides) are the very definition of yes. One thing only can be guaranteed: no one will be better off personally or mentally if this continues in its current vein.

Cheaper and quicker than counselling would be considering the decision to end your association with the project. Not an easy call, but it will return time to you to pursue more worthwhile pursuits than a mailing list fight; whether conducted with fists or words, they are never good things.

Regards,
CT