[openbeos] Re: Attribute support on foreign OS (was Re: Storage Kit)

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 17:57:41 +0100 (MET)

Yeah, that's interesting, btw we could also extend the BeOs dosfs driver
so it supports this attribute implementation, so we could keep them when
migrating data through FAT drives :)
One has to define a standard layout and structure for the files so
each filesystem understands them.
I'd suggest we use naming like
.beos-attr-foo
for a file called foo, and using the HIDDEN flag on FAT drives.

Ok, now back to OBOS (I think it's what this list talks about, not sure
though :D) this can be implemented apart I think.

See you all,
François.