[openbeos] Re: AppServer P4, FBC

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:55:44 -0800

>> >Please allow for *everything* in the comm layer (non-rectangular
>> > views,
>> >transparency, etc.). The API is limited, but that's no reason to
>> > limit
>> >the app_server. Also, I would reccomend having window borders drawn
>> > as
>> >a non-rectangular view by BWindow, and *not* by the app_server to
>> > make
>> >things more flexible.
>> >-Nathan
>>
>> There is no requirement for that. That is definately an R2 thing.
>
>That's the idea. Since the internal messaging protocol isn't a
>compatibility issue, why not put it in now?

Obviously, we will do our best to not hinder adding these capabilities
later.  And that will be about the size of it for R1; anything else will
wait for R2.

Feature creep is feature creep, no matter how under-the-covers you put
it.  We must keep our eye on the ball -- getting R1 out the door.

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams