[openbeos] Re: Another leak

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 21:20:19 +0100 (MET)

En réponse à Erik Jakowatz <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Somebody managed to make the source available on another beshare
> server,
> so it's entirely possible this report is true.
Never said that wasn't true.
Just that this wasn't the place for trolling, there's BeShare, IRC and web
forums for that :^)

Btw I don't know if it is, but I know it's possible, I saw more incredible
things on BeShare recently, so...

> <lecture, in no way aimed at François>
> Trolling is neither here nor there in my book, but I do think it needs
> to be made clear that OpenBeOS wants in no way to be associated with
> any
> illegally leaked BeOS source code -- which is to say *ANY* BeOS source
> code which is not publicly handed to us on a silver platter by Be
> Inc.,
> Palm Inc., or a legal licensee of the source.  Having access to that
> code could potentially be very damaging to the project, not to mention
> legal nightmare.
>
> I understand that those individuals making the source available
> probably
> think they're doing everybody a favor, and I (for one) appreciate the
> supportive sentiment behind it -- thank you.  Now please kindly *stop*.
>
> If anyone wants to continue dealing with this stuff, *do it
> elsewhere*.
> </lecture>

There I should agree, and everyone should.

I suggest everyone who has this stuff to either delete it, or if they are
sentimental, to put it into a vault and swallow the key.

I imagine it's frustrating to have all this, and not being able to do anything
with. Personnally I'm dying to see some parts I always wondered how it was, and
I don't know what I would do if I had it, but I hope those who got this are
wise enough not to missuse it, BeOS' sake depends on that.

François.