[openbeos] Re: Another leak

  • From: Erik Jakowatz <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:16:33 -0800

Somebody managed to make the source available on another beshare server,
so it's entirely possible this report is true.

<lecture, in no way aimed at François>
Trolling is neither here nor there in my book, but I do think it needs
to be made clear that OpenBeOS wants in no way to be associated with any
illegally leaked BeOS source code -- which is to say *ANY* BeOS source
code which is not publicly handed to us on a silver platter by Be Inc.,
Palm Inc., or a legal licensee of the source.  Having access to that
code could potentially be very damaging to the project, not to mention a
legal nightmare.

I understand that those individuals making the source available probably
think they're doing everybody a favor, and I (for one) appreciate the
supportive sentiment behind it -- thank you.  Now please kindly *stop*.
If anyone wants to continue dealing with this stuff, *do it elsewhere*.
</lecture>

That is all. ;P