[openbeos] Announcing WalterCon 2007: San Francisco!

  • From: DarkWyrm <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:46:35 -0400

Hi there!

WalterCon San Francisco 2007 is finally offical! You might be legitimately wondering, "What took so long?" It is simply this: unfortunately Real Life happens sometimes and, as a result, the task of organizing has fallen to me. I have been furiously working to put together our favorite conference and to make it as exciting as possible.

In response to people's desire for more training-oriented sessions, an agenda is being constructed that reflects this. Some of the speakers include Michael Phipps and myself. There will be some time for socializing and networking with others from the community and some surprises, as well. :)

Despite our numbers being quite a bit smaller than last year, we are still giving our best to do our part. WalterCon is more than just a gathering to socialize and write code all night. It is a chance to support Haiku in another way, make friends, expand programming skills, and to generate buzz about our favorite operating system. We can't wait to see you there, so head on over to http://waltercon.haiku-os.org and find out all the details. See you in San Francisco!

Jon Yoder, aka DarkWyrm