[haiku] Re: Announcement : Werner Freytag relicenses sources as MIT, projects hosted at OSDrawer

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:56:35 +0100

On 2009-03-28 at 18:47:32 [+0100], François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Werner Freytag, author of gems such as PecoBeat, PecoRename, and many
> > others has released his software under the MIT license[1]!  The
> > software has received new copyright headers to all sources and has been
> > uploaded to OSDrawer[2].  In the spirit of preservation, all of
> > Werner's original archives have been saved under tags/initial/*.zip
>
> Colors! \o/

The Colors! license has been liberal before. I've based the WonderBrush
color picker on Colors!. It had a number of threading and performance
issues, which I've fixed. In Icon-O-Matic, I have done yet another round of
cleanup, so that is the most current code. In comparison with Colors!, it
misses the swatches and the "pick color on screen" mode. Those should be
easy to add back. But please anyone, do not take Colors! as is, or you will
miss out on the improvements I have done.

Best regards,
-Stephan