[haiku] Announcement: BeGeistert 022 - Return of the Cola-Coder

  • From: "Charlie Clark" <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:24:56 +0100

The Haiku Support Association (HSA) would like to invite all Haiku users and developers to join us for another BeGeistert in Düsseldorf, Germany on 10th and 11th April 2010. It's our 22nd event, codename "Return of the Cola-Coder", where we'll again bring together BeOS and Haiku fans from all over Europe and beyond.

There'll be the usual collection of talks and presentations throughout the weekend, besides the usual chatting and mingling of course. As well as progress on the forthcoming Haiku release attention will be focussed on WebPositive and other applications developed specifically for Haiku.

Following the BeGeistert weekend there will be a week-long Haiku sprint. A bunch of Haiku's core developers and other interested coders get together to do a week of hardcore hacking. Past sprints have proven excellent in solving particularly difficult bugs. Anyone wishing to attend the sprint must register for BeGeistert first and then contact Stephan Aßmus

New this year is a tutorial day on Monday 12th April, where Stephan „Stippi“ Aßmus from the core development team will a give hands-on introduction tp programmers new to the Haiku platform or even programming itself. N.B. the tutorial day is additional to BeGeistert attendance (cost €75) must be booked in advance as places are limited.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone (again) and finding out finally who is the Cola-Coder?

The BeGeistert-Orga Team