[openbeos] Re: Announce: BeGeistert 009 in Oktober

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:21:55 +0000

On 2002-06-21 at 14:52:47 [+0000], you wrote:
> Ryanair ain't the cheapest though! Be warned to shop around ALL airlines,
> even BA, Lufthansa & BMA and so on...
I'll second that (always fly Lufthansa / British Midland when I go home) but
I thought I'd mention it to those interested. For those who don't know:
Ryanair http://www.ryanair.com and Go! http://www.gofly.com offer very cheap
fares (Euro 20 - 30) between smaller airports in Europe. This is primarily of
interest to residents of the British Isles but both companies are planning
expansion to mainland Europe. The flights are cheap but be warned: the
airports are quite often a long way from where they sound: Charleroi (where
I'll be next week at Europython) counts for Brussels, Hahn for Frankfurt, and
Luton and Stanstead are hours from London.

> What do we need? Well, a network is essential. Wireless network is also very
> cool though probably most people don't have wireless cards running on beos
> (I do :))
COOL!!! Which one? One of my clients has a WLAN so it would be great if I
could get one for my notebook.

> but I can always bring over my hub to supply that.
We normally have hubs a plenty. Everyone should bring an ethernet cable.
> Internet access
> is preferred as that way we can all carry on hacaking against our CVS tree
> (oh and chatting on IRC :))
We'd need to set up a router for this. We won't promise a permanent
connection until we've costed it and made sure it is practical: our first
attempts to use tha analogue connection were frustrated by really crappy
cable but there is now ISDN.

> For the rest, plenty of fluids and an occasional injection of solids is
> normally all the trusty hacker band need to keep working...
We know what "BeVelopers" need. Cola, pizza, snacks...

> However, my attendance does depend upon my work routine and I won't know
> that for quite a while yet :(
Understood.

Charlie