[openbeos] Announce: BeGeistert 009 in Oktober

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:19:33 +0000

To those who don't know me: my name is Charlie Clark and I'm the "Chief
Chaos Coordinator" of the BeGeistert gatherings in Düsseldorf in Germany.
I'm also on the advisory board of BeUnited.org.

BeGeistert 009 will be taking place in Düsseldorf from Friday evening of
18th October to late Sunday afternoon 20th October. Düsseldorf has
excellent rail connections (Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris) and also has an
international airport.

The next gathering will be our 9th and we'd like to devote it to OpenBeOS
which we consider to have best chance of keeping things going in the BeOS
community. We'd like to do this by showcasing OpenBeOS (or whatever it's
called by then) and providing tutorials on how to work on it: writing kits,
playing with the kernel, writing drivers, etc. A real developers
conference. But in order to do this we need as many from the OpenBeOS team
to join in as possible. I know several of you have been to BeGeistert
before and know what to expect but we would like to encourage as many as
possible to come.

As the BeGeistert orga-team is at most 3 people we aren't able to provide
much in terms of content. But we do remove the headache of organisation:
rooms to work and sleep, food and drink. We can also provide networking,
CVS and even an internet connection. We have previously held two coding
events at BeGeistert which were considered by those involved to be a good
success: pretty much 48 hours to sit together with others of a similar
disposition and program to your heart's content. Even though e-mail and IRC
are great discussing complex problems are is often better face to face.

We would like BeGeistert 009 to be a big success and, therefore, need to
start the planning as early as possible. We will be publicly announcing
BeGeistert shortly.

Who would be interested in attending?
Who would be interested in holding a tutorial or a workshop and if so on
what?
Would anybody be interested in attending an intense session with others on
a specific aspect of OpenBeOS - finishing an unfinished kit?
What support would you need?

Hoping to hear lots of offers

Charlie Clark