[openbeos] Re: Announce 3ivx 5.02 MPEG-4 ASP Video decoder/encoder for BeOS/Haiku released

  • From: dolgov <dolgov@xxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:17:35 +0200

I can confirm that seeking works 100% reliable on the video software I have written myself. The BeOS MediaKit is buggy with regards to BMediaTrack::SeekToFrame/Time(), which is that it does *not* seek to any keyframes as advertized. Instead, you have to use FindKeyFrameForFrame/Time() and pass the result to SeekToFrame/Time(). Can you provide a stackcrawl of the VideoPro crashes? I mean, is the crash even in the 3ivx codec?

Yeah, when it happens next time, I will try to save sc.
But IIRC, you are right, stack crawl had show something like
BMediaTrack::Seek*
as last called method.

Regards, SD