[openbeos] Re: Announce 3ivx 5.02 MPEG-4 ASP Video decoder/encoder for BeOS/Haiku released

  • From: "David McPaul" <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:24:22 +1100

Hello scott,

You should raise this with 3ivx support 3ivx@xxxxxxxx if you want
clarification on licencing.

Normally (Windows, MacOS) you would purchase 3ivx from the 3ivx store
and this gives you a licence key.  This key allows you to remove the
restrictions on the demo software and install 3ivx full version.  I
think the below licence is about not taking this key and installing
3ivx full version on multiple machines (and since you can get versions
of 3ivx for MacOS as well multiple OS's). ie 4 machines buy 4
licences.

The 3ivx for BeOS is the full version and no purchase is required for
private use.  If you want to do something commercial please write to
3ivx@xxxxxxxx for licence arrangements.

Also understand, I do not work for 3ivx.  I am a BeOS coder that they
allow access to their source code so I produce BeOS versions in my
spare time.

--
Cheers
David