[openbeos] Re: Announce 3ivx 5.02 MPEG-4 ASP Video decoder/encoder for BeOS/Haiku released

  • From: "David McPaul" <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:11:33 +1100

On 27/03/2008, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Bruno Albuquerque wrote:
> > Hey David. This is *REALLY* great. I hope you can port all of this to
> > Haiku soon enough. :)
>
> Seconded. But David ported as much as he could. The MP4 extractor for BeOS
> is actually a backport of the MP4 extractor which David coded for Haiku a
> while back. Also Haiku already has an AAC decoder if I am not confused. So
> the only missing thing is the encoder.

Yes, to emphasis this, the MP4 code in my mp4_extractor project is
just a link to the haiku mp4 code in my local haiku svn.  The
difference is in the front end to the code.  Once I have tested the
mp4 extractor more I will bring the haiku extractor up to date with
the BeOS one and integrate.

> To port the encoder, we need encoding support in Haiku at all (Media Kit
> methods implementation and API definition for encoders). Eventually I want
> to look into that, but I would of course greatly appreciate help. This
> action item is also a Google Summer of Code idea BTW.

Indeed.

--
Cheers
David