[openbeos] Re: Announce 3ivx 5.02 MPEG-4 ASP Video decoder/encoder for BeOS/Haiku released

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:53:09 +0100

Bruno Albuquerque wrote:
> Hey David. This is *REALLY* great. I hope you can port all of this to
> Haiku soon enough. :)

Seconded. But David ported as much as he could. The MP4 extractor for BeOS
is actually a backport of the MP4 extractor which David coded for Haiku a
while back. Also Haiku already has an AAC decoder if I am not confused. So
the only missing thing is the encoder.

To port the encoder, we need encoding support in Haiku at all (Media Kit
methods implementation and API definition for encoders). Eventually I want
to look into that, but I would of course greatly appreciate help. This
action item is also a Google Summer of Code idea BTW.

Best regards,
-Stephan