[haiku] Re: Ang: Re: Preinstalling Haiku on new computers.

  • From: Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:19:05 +0200

2009/4/29 holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx <holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Fwiw, I'm currently trying to improve vesa mode-handling. I have it using
> edi-info if possible already, adding modes
> that it reports ok or those we have listed that are within the monitors range.
> The other problem is that these are then filtered by the vesa bios, so some
> modes (like my native resolution) isn't
> available. That is what I am looking at next.

Oh, same here ;) My Radeon 3650 only reports standard vesa modes. The
native resolution is only reported in the
detailed_monitor_info from the edid1_info struct. When adding these
edid modes to the list of available modes
in the bios_ia32/video.cpp, the resolution shows up in the boot loader.
Unfortunately the system reboots when selecting the added mode.
Perhaps my approach isn't the way to do it right.

Mind sharing your patch with me?

Michael