[haiku] Ang: Re: Preinstalling Haiku on new computers.

  • From: "holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:59:45 +0200 (CEST)

I see mode 1024x768 expanded to 1280x800. In Preferences/Screen I see maximum
resolution 1024x768 also. May be Haiku
ignored all wide-resolution in VESA mode?

>It works well with my nvidia 8800gts here (1680x1050 VESA), i know it's
>ok in vmware too with 1280x800, without any special effort, the
>resolutions are available from the Screen preflet.

Fwiw, I'm currently trying to improve vesa mode-handling. I have it using
edi-info if possible already, adding modes
that it reports ok or those we have listed that are within the monitors range.
The other problem is that these are then filtered by the vesa bios, so some
modes (like my native resolution) isn't
available. That is what I am looking at next.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH