[haiku] Re: Alpha 1 RC downloads on Haiku Files

  • From: "Alexandre Deckner" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 00:08:14

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could be. Maybe it's just me, but what I envisioned on the front page
> was something more concise (as in, much less verbose), perhaps along
> the
> lines of:
>
> <h3>R1Alpha1 Candidate Builds -- For Testing Only</h3>
>
> - Download > http://haiku-files.org/releases/R1Alpha1/
> - Report bugs > http://dev.haiku-os.org/#Reportingbugs
>
> I would also add the FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY blurb as well as the
> link
> to Trac on the download page too.

Hi, (disclaimer: just comming back from vacations so sorry if i miss
something obvious)

I must admit that "release 1 alpha candidate" sounds a bit far fetched
in anycase, and "FOR TESTING PURPOSE" is a normal thing for an alpha,
ie: not really frightening :). Maybe that download should just be
called/replace nightly builds (not mentioning 'alpha' in the name)..
Not a big deal, but i can understand that's getting complicated for
journalists!

Best regards,
Alex