[openbeos] Re: Afternoon, all

  • From: "Chris Simmons" <stinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 18:58:25 ADT

I want to chime in by saying a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who has
contacted me, and the core group of people involved with communicating
with Palm.

There has been a HUGE amount of traffic to the site, to the lists, and
on the net in general, from what I've gathered from everyone who has
reported back to me on their efforts. If we can keep this going for
another few days at least, we'll have all of the petitions filled up,
and the questionnaire at BeFAQS.com will start to look real nice.

I think a small pat on the back is in order for everyone who has
commited time and effort to elightening the masses. We've done some
good work.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to hearing more discussion.

-Chris Simmons
Avid BeOS user.
stinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Wow. What a difference 24 hours can make.
>
>I have been in touch more with the folks speaking with Palm. This
being a weekend, not much is going on, but I will let you know what I
know, when I know anything. Palm has asked BeFAQs to post a survey for
the BeOS community. The survey code is done (I helped them test it),
but they are having some dns/server issues. I expect to see it
available shortly.

>We are now more than 50 users. I am impressed with the turnout from
the community. Thanks.
<snip>