[openbeos] Re: Add-ons/Module problems/ideas??

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:04:37 +0200 (MEST)

Manuel Jesus Petit de Gabriel wrote:
>> The way "usbd" module ask devfs to reload the driver who register
>> him wanting being notified when some specified USB device(s) appear
>> or disapper on USB bus is unknown, that's right.
>
> [rescan.c code]
>
> // You are welcome,
>
> manuel,
>
> PS: maybe there is some typo, but you get the idea.

Thanks you!
Yep, that's so simple I dunno why I was expecting a complex thing.
Why bother handle reloading and calling a usb driver callback when you can
simply ask devfs to reload it for your and simply wait the driver
register (again) himself with us!? ;-)

So, let's implement this famous devfs publish_command(), the wizardry behind
rescan command (I guess)...
:-p

-philippe