[openbeos] Re: Add-ons/Module problems/ideas??

  • From: Clay Vincent Schentrup <cvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:35:35 -0500

>Doesn't everybody here want a kernel that blows Linux out of the water?
     Absolutely!  I think it's good to focus on at least getting it to work
first, but if at all possible we should even try to improve upon any faults we
have seen in BeOS, so that we won't get legacy code that gets in the way going
into further releases (glass elevator concept).
     Putting the networking in the kernel, for instance, to move toward BSD-
quality networking (well..heh..eventually) seems sensible to me.  The most
important thing is that applications will compile correctly with no major
changes.  But as far as everything that is transparent to the apps goes, there
is nothing inherently bad about change.  Does this make any sense?

Clay