[openbeos] About filesystems

  • From: "Marcus Petersson" <mp_1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:48:39 +0200 CEST

Just wondering if there's some sort of middle-layer, or common stub source
for various filesystems? It seems more like they are all separate from
each other. Not that it matters much. I suppose dos and iso9600 covers
most of the cases where foreign filesystems are concerned.

It would be good to have some documentation about the dos filesystem.
I'd like to modify it for personal use. The idea is to add attribute
emulation by relaying attribute calls to the boot disk, similar to my
attribute library (http://www.bebits.com/app/3683) but transparent.

Marcus