[openbeos] Re: About Internet Connection Sharing

  • From: Alejandro Valenzuela <lanjoe9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:55:17 +0000

Valentin:
I'm currently connected vía a Windoze 98 SE machine (although I sometimes
connect directly as well).
Here are my current network settings in BeOS:

Domain name: (nothing)
Primary DNS: (my ICS machine's IP)
Secondary DNS: (my ICS machine's IP)
Host name: a name I chose for my BeOS machine ("sally") =P
In my Network Interface's Settings:
Interface enabled (of course =P)
->Specify Settings
IP address (any IP you like as long as the first digits ( NNN.NNN.NNN.### <-
the "N"'s ) are the same as the windoze box and the last ones (###) are
different (none of them greater than 255).
Subnet mask (the same as my Windoze box's subnet mask (typically
255.255.255.0) )
Gateway: (my windoze box's IP)

I think you can leave it to DHCP but you'll probably have to press "restart
networking" if you turn on your BeOS box before your Windoze box.

Hope you don't have any problems.

-Lanjoe9.