[haiku] Re: AW: Re: another idea from me, sorry if it is foolish: aport of kodi would add netflix support

  • From: Dick <dick@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 22:36:33 +0100 (CET)

I think world domination is no goal of course. But imagine all groups of users that would be helped very much with haiku: people who are not rich enough to buy a new pc every 3-4 years, people who like a fast lightweight os. Most average users willl not dualboot, they will just switch to something or not. Windows has been a nightmare since win95, xp was quite ok, 7 was acceptable, but the rest was a big nightmare. Linux was wonderful, but it is slowly getting a quite heavy os relying on more and more libraries. So there is enough space to bring improvement. Haiku is improvement.
people ask me: why should haiku be a mainstream os? i ask: why not? it can only have advantages: more users, probably more developpers, more donations, more testers/faster bugfixing. I guess world domination is no goal, but at the same time: if it happens why not?