[haiku] Re: AW: Re: another idea from me, sorry if it is foolish: aport of kodi would add netflix support

  • From: Dick <dick@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 21:12:23 +0100 (CET)

Haiku aims to be an os for personal computers. An os targeted to servers/networks is most of the time used by system administrators/computer experts. the main user base of a desktop os wil be desktop users, so just the average user. The more average users are attracted the more donations haiku will get to support the developers. i thought when adding support for things like netflix would take too much work porting kodi would maybe be faster. but it seems to be not the case.
I guess it would be nice if millions of users can say goodbye to windows and work with the much better haiku os. the problem is they will only see it is better if it suits their needs better than windows did.