[haiku] Re: AW: Re: Use BeOS Drivers

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 12:09:29 +0200

François Revol schrieb:
Stephan Assmus wrote:
Unfortunately, there is still that bug that playback simply stops after some hours of uptime. The MultiAudio node, which was the basis for the OpenSound node, doesn't seem to have this problem, though, so I am wondering if that isn't a problem somewhere in the OSS driver itself.

about 6h15 to be precise, and it's really reproduceable here.
I just don't have the time to make a debug build and wait 6h to debug it each time, plus restarting media_server makes it behave again, so...

Do you think something may overflow or wrap around in the OSS driver? Something that is reset when the device is closed and reopened?

Also, recording is pretty much untested and probably broken in the OpenSound node, at least after my changes... don't know if it worked before. François?

I did successfully record a few seconds once or twice at least under BeOS, so it kind of worked at least.

I did change a lot in the buffer management for the playback part, I don't know if that affected recording... I should do some testing, but it hasn't really bubbled up on my TODO list, especially now that I can use the HDA driver successfully on all my machines.

Best regards,
-Stephan