[haiku] Re: AW: Re: Use BeOS Drivers

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 22:12:31 +1000

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Hi,

On 2009-05-13 at 14:02:50 [+0200], François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
the driver is located in: /dev/audio/old/cs.../0.

Are there any plans till the release of R1 to support old drivers like this one?
Yes, if you send a patch to finish the Legacy node.

http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/media/
media-add-ons/legacy

:-) François is right. There is certainly no plan to exclude support for old drivers, but you cannot really say "there is a plan to support them in R1". It simply depends on whether someone does that work. It needs to be someone who cares about it. If developers have working sound (ie no personal need), why should they spend time on this?

Also, have you tried the OSS optional package? Maybe it simply works for your board.

I can recommend the OSS package. My CMedia CM8738 works great with it.

Rob