[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: One New Haiku Wallpaper

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:22:56 +0100

Ronny Wisor wrote:
> Hi Urias,
>
> >The second one is nice, but it needs a little more work on the
> >reflection still - it even appears that the reflected "U" is on top of
> >the non reflected one.
>
> That's right, it looks like this because the "U" is not in-line in the
> logo. So I have do disassemble the logo... next time I will do it ;-)

That is on purpose and is a common technique in typography. You should see
this effect if you use just about any font and type something at a large
font size. Usually all letters with a curved form should stick out just a
tiny bit. These letters extend slightly below the base line and also above
the top of other small letters with a flat top.

Best regards,
-Stephan