[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: BeIA - Upgrade

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej575@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:06:30 -0600

If I get my compact flash to ide adapter

Check the motherboard for an ide connection.  Many IA devices had the
compact flash, but also had 40-pins out for an ide connection, but small
scale.  The adaptor to go from the small scale pinout to a laptop drive was
only a couple of bucks.

The tablets we ran BeIA on (DT300's) were only 233Mhz processors, and I
believe 32 or 64Mb of RAM.  Boot times on those were much faster than the
45-60 seconds you describe, so you might have a debug build of Stinger or
something.

DJ