[haiku] Re: AW: Re: AW: Suggestion for the deskbar.

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 17:42:40 +0100

Johan Aires Rastén wrote:

> Maybe the size of the leaf button could be halved with clock to the left of
> it (assuming deskbar is in top right corner) and then have systray grow as
> necessary further to the left. It could lead to the top row being wider than
> the window list below it, but is that a problem?

I like this idea because it solves two issues at once - making applets
always visible and giving them virtually infinite space. Currently
there is only space for about four applets.

> I'd also like if there was an _option_ to change window list to just display
> large icons instead of small
> icon+title a la OSX. It would make the deskbar slimmer which might be
> appreciated in some scenarios.

How about also making the width of the task list resizable by dragging
its left edge? This way the user decides how much of the window titles
to see, and in the big icon mode it would resize the icons.

This also means that the clock + leaf button in the first suggestion
do not need to add up exactly to the width of the task list since that
is undefined. I suggest making the button smaller than half its
current size.

-Truls