[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Deskbar menu and Menu key

  • From: "Mikael Jansson" <tic_khr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:49:23 GMT

> Windows-, Mac-, Gnome-ification could go way beyond keymaps and
> command
> shortcuts. It could change your Tracker settings, (Disks folder a la
> My
> Computer) the location of your Deskbar, etc. Which probably means it
> would have to be a wizard of some sort, which would not be hosted by
> preference panel. Unless it's some kind of uber-theme-prefs.
> (Something
> I think I wouldn't like at all.)

... or not. the thing about BeOS is that it does some things (a lot of
things!) better the other operating systems.  If you would closely
mimic them, you would no longer have an advantage.

In order to make a difference, I think you actually need to /be/
different.

--
Mikael Jansson
http://mikael.jansson.be