[openbeos] AW: Re: AW: Re: BeIA - Upgrade

  • From: "Ronny Wisor" <RonnyWisor@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 07:46:45 +0200

I can´t check which version it is exactly, I deleted wagner an now it can´t
boot it tries to recover itself, but fails (no modem connection) I have only
LAN. Sometimes if I boot the PC for the first time, the Compaq logo appears.
After that it seems that the machine does a reboot/reset or what ever. The
logo disappears and after a few seconds it appears again. The machine boot
up procedure is complete but 15s slower. And there´s an little connector on
the mainboard, I´ll take a picture of it. As far as I know the compact flash
is secondary master and the sandisk on board is primary master. But what is
this connector?

Best regards
Ronny

> If I get my compact flash to ide adapter

Check the motherboard for an ide connection.  Many IA devices had the
compact flash, but also had 40-pins out for an ide connection, but small
scale.  The adaptor to go from the small scale pinout to a laptop drive was
only a couple of bucks.

The tablets we ran BeIA on (DT300's) were only 233Mhz processors, and I
believe 32 or 64Mb of RAM.  Boot times on those were much faster than the
45-60 seconds you describe, so you might have a debug build of Stinger or
something.

DJ