[haiku] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Suggestion for the deskbar.

  • From: "Ronny Wisor" <RonnyWisor@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:39:23 +0100

>>Hi

>>You can already do that with the deskbar option ?Always on top??

>But then fullscreen windows end up behind the deskbar which isn't better.

If you use the standard deskbar settings and move your cursor to the place
where the deskbar hidden behind the window it will appear.

<snip>
>Maybe the size of the leaf button could be halved with clock to the left of
it (assuming deskbar is in top right corner) and then have systray grow as
necessary >further to the left. It could lead to the top row being wider
than the window list below it, but is that a problem?
??.
<snip>
>I think OSX and maybe even Win7 does this. I've tried it with Gnome-do
Docky and now I can't live without it. <snip>

Why should Haiku be like OS X or even Windows? Any good reasons? The goal of
Haiku R1 is to be a replacement for BeOS R5 and beyond. I personally still
use BeOS because it´s a very good OS (my opinion) compared to other OSs.