[openbeos] Re: AW: Re: AW: Locale Kit

  • From: <kevin.lawton@xxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 20:11:04 -0000

| Why are we even talking about ASCII here? Forgive my ignorance, but I
| do not think anybody uses ASCII anymore. It's a thing of the past!
| Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't BeOS support UNICODE? What is
| exactly the problem?
Really ?  I didn't realise that !
So here am I typing on my Unicode keyboard sending Unicode characters to be
stored in a Unicode text file for later transmission as a stream of Unicode ?
I now need to learn Unicode, don't I. I'll have a google.
So I guess the question now comes down to whether all the characters and all
the accents used in all languages sort in the correct order in Unicode.
Kevin.