[haiku] Re: AW: Guide for Installation from CD

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:23:16 -0700

Hi Ronny,

Ronny Wisor wrote:
A question has come up though: is anyone working on a guide that documents how to install Haiku from the installer CD? This seems like a very basic doc that we need to have, but I could not find it anywhere, not even in the User Guide. Does it really not exist?

I could write it if it doesn´t exist.

I would say, give it a go! I don't know how you want to do this, but here are some (unsolicited?) guidelines anyway:

- Use basic html formatting; don't worry about the details: will tweak it when we import it into the website.
- Preferably, use 800x600 screenshots max.
- If you link to any page in the existing Haiku User Guide, use URLs starting from the /docs folder of the path.

When done, you can email me the whole thing in a ZIP file, so that I can add it to the new test website (which will be online later today).

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki