[openbeos] ATX PPC-board from Amiga/Eyetech!

  • From: "Gregor Rosenauer" <rosenauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: beusertalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, betalk@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:25:39 CET (+0100)

Just read this - sounds *great* since I always wanted a cheap PPC-box to run
(Open?)BeOS on...
http://www.eyetech.co.uk/amigaone/150302update.php
(it's news from 2002, the date is wrong;)

Also read this:
http://www.eyetech.co.uk/amigaone/011101update.php

When I read this part, I had to laugh and cry - it's so striking similar to Be,
Inc.'s focus-shift with BeOS and BeIA!
"Amigas clear priority was (and is) making the Amiga DE a success
which inevitably meant that OS4s funding had to take second place."
They however solved this unfortunate situation by working together with
Hyperion reg. OS4...

Now, this could *finally* mean the rebirth of the PPC-desktop-market (the board
also works with LinuxPPC), and then Apple will have hard times convincing ppl
to buy their overpriced tablelamps...:-E

Regards,
Gregor (Hugh)
--
"The only problem with troubleshooting is, that sometimes the trouble shoots
back"

Gregor B. Rosenauer
Student of Computer Science and New Media Engineering
Vienna, Austria

http://www.hugh.at.tf