[openbeos] Re: ATI Radeon Graphics driver

  • From: Tim de Jong <tjadejong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:20:02 +0200

Hey Euan,

syslog will come up later, for now my hardware specs:

P4 2.4ghz
Asus P4B533 (Intel 845E chipset)
1.3gb ram
Hercules ATI Radeon 9700Pro
Creative Audigy 2 Platinum
80Gb Western digital harddrive (WD800JB)
Medion 5044 tv-tuner card (Philips SAA7134 chipset)
SMC EzCard 10/100 Ethernet card
Liteon cd-rw (LTR-48125S)
Liteon dvd-rom
Nec dvd-rw  (ND-3500AG)

regards,

Tim

Euan Kirkhope schreef:
On 12/04/07, Tim de Jong <tjadejong@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

nah you were right, taking it out and putting the card back did the
trick; it's now working perfectly again. However, I noticed what's wrong
with the current ATI Radeon driver. Previously, DVI output worked fine
on my Radeon 9700pro but after the Radeon X... patches applied I only
get a black screen. The analog connection seems to still work OK though,
I connected the screen and Haiku booted normally showing me the
beautiful blue background ;)

regards,

Tim

Send me a syslog if you can.  The output routing is very complex, and
when one thing fixes another, it always breaks something elsewhere.
Theres a load of driver settings that can be set but I don't know if
haiku supports them yet. (nor can I even remember what they are! :))
If you send me a syslog we can see what the driver is doing, then work
from there.   When the screen comes up blank.  Also tell me your exact
hardware configuration, thanks.