[openbeos] Re: ATI Radeon Graphics driver

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:01:10 -0700

On 3/25/07, Tim de Jong <tjadejong@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

just wanted to let you know I think there's a problem with the current
version of the ATI Radeon Graphics driver. I'm trying out Haiku builds
on a regular basis and just after some of the Radeon X... patches had
been introduced the builds stop working on my computer; I have a Radeon
9700Pro installed.

Are you working from a build prior to r20336 (March 5, 2007)? There were
some significant issues with it until then, as seen here:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1079

I have a Radeon 9200 AGP that works fine in Haiku now - granted, I haven't
tried it in R5 since then either. I would suggest you open a bug report on
http://dev.haiku-os.org , complete with the revision number you are using
and debug output (syslog or serial debug) so that axel can take a look at
it.

If I get a chance, I will try to build it and test it on my BeOS Max v3
install also.

- Urias