[openbeos] ATI Radeon Graphics driver

  • From: Tim de Jong <tjadejong@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:13:53 +0200

Hi,

just wanted to let you know I think there's a problem with the current version of the ATI Radeon Graphics driver. I'm trying out Haiku builds on a regular basis and just after some of the Radeon X... patches had been introduced the builds stop working on my computer; I have a Radeon 9700Pro installed.

After one time of trying, the system halted as usually and after that I have problems booting Zeta and Windows XP. Yesterday, I took out the Radeon and put in an ancient Matrox Mystique PCI card and voila everything started working again; Windows, Zeta and Haiku booted again. I'm not sure if the hardware failure is caused by the new Radeon Graphics driver patches introduced but I would strongly advise you to analyse the changes and ask people for feedback. If people have similar problems as I have maybe you should turn back to the old version of the driver because damaging hardware is not what you want I expect; even then, I'm not sure if Haiku caused it, because my Radeon has been quite notorious with failures...but right now I still suspect the new driver patches being the source of my problems...

hope you can do something with my feedback,

regards,

Tim

___________________________________________________________ All New Yahoo! Mail ? Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html