[openbeos] Re: A question/concern re OSS

  • From: LewisB <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:24:54 -0600

>Helmar Rudolph <helmar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>distros, who initiates and coordinates talks with companies
>>like AMD (for SMP, etc support) or any other one we would
>>like to see support the BeOS? BeUnited? And if BU does it,
>Who ever on this list is the best person for that patricular
>job. If someone of BeUnited has had contact with AMD
>in the past, he might announce it here on the mailinglist,
>and we may elect him to do it. Probably any other person.

I've considered this part for a while now. What does Intel or AMD have
to gain by helping us?  An OS that is so efficent its users don't need
to buy the Fastest chip currently available every 18 months.  I can see
why they would want Windows to dominate.  I've not upgraded to a faster
chip since I found BeOS.  I'm still happy with a P2 400 for nearly
everything. WIN XP is completely out of my relm with my systems.  I would
HAVE to buy the latest and greatest to use it. THATS what keeps Intel and AMD
going.  This is an honest question.. What Does AMD have to gain by helping
us?
LewisB