[openbeos] Re: A joke ?

  • From: "Erik Jakowatz" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 23:16:23 -0800

>There doesn't seem to be the source in, but it seems it breaks a lot of
things,
>as I've already been asked on BeShare to help with compiling stuff that
worked
>before... mostly media things, printing driver..
>Asked about support for this "version", what should I tell ?
>For now it's "No I didn't try it, so I don't support it."

Personally, given the fact that this "version" hasn't undergone release
quality testing, and that it's, oh yeah!, basically *pirate*-ware, I
would encourage folks to *not* support it.  While it's nice to see what
Be "might have done" in an R6 release, this is not actually an R6
release, and anybody expecting support on it is just plain crazy.

Just my personal opinion. =)

Data is not information, and information is not knowledge: knowledge is
not understanding, and understanding is not wisdom.
        - Philip Adams