[haiku] Re: A Roadmap Related Question

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 11:59:51 +0100

On 2014-01-19 at 11:46:12 [+0100], Don Liu <donliucn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I love Haiku OS, and agree that there needs a PM on it. But the PM did
> break binary-compatible for BeOS.
> I think the folder architecture and edit privilege need more discussion and
> reconsideration before beta release.

I keep saying this again and again and again...
I ask everyone to report broken BeOS apps on the bugtracker so we can find a
way to fix them. So far, we got ONE SINGLE bug report about this, it was for
yab, and it turned out the problem was in yab code and could easily be fixed.

So, if you still have apps that don't work, please report them on the
bugtracker and we'll see what we can do. There is one known problem with
BeOS pkg files, which will have to be fixed before we think of doing a
release. It is on our list of critical blockers for beta 1.

Without any bug report, I can only classify this massive breakage of BeOS
apps as an urban legend.

--
Adrien.